Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Babyface - "When Can I See You?"

Growing up in Indiana, I had to do a project in the 4th grade about famous people from the state of Indiana.  I chose the great Tim Stoddard, a former Major League Baseball pitcher who pitched in one game for the White Sox in 1975.  I had his baseball card and noticed that he was from East Chicago, Indiana--hear my home.  I remember standing in front of my 4th grade class tediously reading stats from the back of Stoddard's baseball card.  Instead, I should have chose Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds for my project.  Born in Indianapolis, Babyface wrote and produced for Boyz II Men, Whitney Houston, Pink, Phil Collins and numerous other acts (Wikipedia lists over 40 different artists).  Babyface had a big hit himself in 1994 with the acoustic ballad "When Can I See You".