Sunday, May 31, 2015

Daughtry - "Home"

Today I say goodbye to the place I've called home since 2007.  I bought my first condo at the height of the housing market--just months before the crash heard 'round the financial world.  My original plan was to live in this quaint one-bedroom condo for two years.  Then, I'd sell it and move on to something bigger.  The economy prohibited that from happening as my mortgage was quickly under water leaving me stuck living in my shoebox-sized condo.  Eight years later, I'm finally leaving the place I've called home for the past eight years.  In fact, this is the longest I've ever lived anywhere since I was a child living on Persimmon Drive in Schererville, Indiana.  It's amazing how emotionally torn I am over the thought of leaving when it took quite some time for me to adjust to living there.  It's been an interesting eight years: moved in at the age of 30 and dating someone, broke up with her, got together with my ex, my ex moved to Africa, my ex returned to Chicago, my ex and I got back together, my ex's cat joined our home, my ex became my ex again, I started dating current girlfriend, I'm moving out to live with current girlfriend at her home.  Yep, nothing unusual happened in that place.