Friday, January 23, 2015

Lisa Loeb - "Do You Sleep?"

There was a long stretch of my life where I was absolutely smitten with Lisa Loeb.  She was the (then) modern-day Winnie Cooper: the cute, petite, girl-next-door with those hot throwback glasses (Winnie also wore glasses in early episodes of The Wonder Years).  Years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting her and my colleague immediately told her that I had had a giant crush on her since high school.  As the awkwardness permeated the room, I stood there dumbfounded with this black and white head shot of her that I was hoping to have her sign.  I awkwardly mumbled, "Um, could I get you to autograph this picture?"  She smiled politely and wrote: "Thanks for listening" on the photo.  It was a very politest brush-off that reminded me of all the times I failed at asking girls out in high school.