Monday, September 26, 2016

Herb Alpert featuring Janet Jackson & Lisa Keith - "Diamonds"


Both of my parents worked during in the 1980s, so we spent a lot of time with our aunt Marybeth.  She was our favorite aunt as she always took us to the beach, arcade, or McDonalds. Since Marybeth was only in her young twenties, she had the time, energy and stamina to put up with me, my brother, and sometimes my other cousins Johnny and Allison. During that time, Marybeth always made mix tapes and would play them in her Pontiac Firebird while driving around Northwest Indiana. If I had a dollar for every stupid minute fact that has lodged itself into my brain, I'd be a rich man...but, I remember many of MB's Mixes contained the song "Diamonds" from Herb Alpert. Since Alpert played the trumpet, he utilized Janet Jackson and Lisa Keith for vocals in "Diamonds". The song climbed to #1 on numerous charts in 1987 including #5 on the Hot 100.