Friday, December 9, 2016

John Legend - "P.D.A (We Just Don't Care)"

John Legend performed during a morning show broadcast for the Hot Adult Contemporary radio station where I worked in 2007.  At that time, Legend was a relatively unknown outside the R&B format and was promoting "P.D.A. (We Just Don't Care)"--his third single from his Once Again album.  A year earlier, I heard the album in its entirety and declared myself a big fan of Legend's.  It was quite an honor during that rainy April morning in 2007 when I had to to stand in the rain with an umbrella in hand while walking Legend from his limo to his dressing room for the morning show broadcast.  Later, I awkwardly asked for a photo.  Fortunately for me, I got the photo of me and John.  Unfortunately for him, "P.D.A. (We Just Don't Care)" never charted in the US.