Friday, December 29, 2017

Styx "Love at First Sight"

After a weekend bachelor party in Las Vegas, I noticed a familiar face on our flight home: former-Styx lead singer Dennis DeYoung. How do we say "hello" to a guy who clearly didn't want to talk with my hungover group of twenty-something bachelor party-goers? My friend Pat came up with an idea that we all felt was brilliant. It was 2005 and ringtones had just become a thing for cell phones, so Pat downloaded the song "Mr. Roboto" onto his phone and we kept playing the song/ringtone...much to DeYoung's dismay. Since this didn't elicit a response, we decided to communicate using Styx song titles. "Um, babe, could you show me the way to my seat? An aisle seat?!? That's like love at first sight..." Needless to say, DeYoung did not find any of this amusing and refused to acknowledge us.