Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bryan Adams "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You"

My school bus took a circuitous route to school during my freshman year. After sweeping through my subdivision, the bus went east to a rural part of Schererville, Indiana simply to pick up one boy. This roundabout bus route went down (then) rural Kennedy Avenue and then to a gravel road between two railroad yards that led to a dilapidated house on the very outskirts of Schererville. Each morning as the school bus turned down the gravel road, a dog would appear (virtually out of nowhere) and then chase the bus while barking nonstop. A long haired guy (who some on the bus referred to as "Sanford") then would appear from the dingy home and board the bus. Most mornings that year Bryan Adams' "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" greeted "Sanford" when he boarded the bus as our bus driver always played either B96 or Z95 on the radio. Defying the odds, "Sanford" somehow knew all the words and would belt out a verse or two of the ballad each morning to drown out the sound of the barking dog...