Thursday, October 18, 2018

Fleetwood Mac "Save Me"

Our doorbell rang late one chilly autumn night. Standing outside was a frazzled woman who claimed her boyfriend was threatening her. Being all of 19 years-old, I didn't know what to do so I invited her inside. I lived with my mother at the time in a remote subdivision filled with new construction duplex homes. We didn't know but one or two of our neighbors,but this distraught person wasn't one of them. After a phone call to the local police, the girl disappeared with a cop. A few days later, a detective stopped by our house and asked my mom if she planned to press charges against the guy who threatened her. My mom informed the detective that she wasn't the victim -- the victim simply called the police from our house. After not accepting her answer the first time, the detective eventually left the house. To this day, I still wonder what happened to the woman.