Monday, October 22, 2018

Phil Collins "I Missed Again"


Think of the artists whose music made a lasting impact on your life. Your list likely is quite long and has deep memories rooted within each song or artist. For me, I would include the Doobie Brothers, Radiohead, Ray LaMontagne, Stevie Wonder, and Phil Collins. In the case of Collins', his music was EVERYWHERE during my lifetime. In 2003, I had the opportunity to see and meet Phil when he toured in Chicago...but I missed it. While working as a radio morning show producer, I had two weeks of vacation that year and one of those weeks happened to coincide with Phil's tour. When news of his Not Dead Yet Tour broke in 2017, my colleague Lisa and I sprung into action once he announced a Chicago date. It's taken 15 years, but today I am finally going to see Phil. His Not Dead Yet, Live! tour pulls into Chicago's United Center tonight.