Sunday, April 28, 2019

Cat Stevens "Moonshadow"

Three flimsy red poster boards displaying handwritten facts about the moon comprised "Our Neighbor The Moon" -- my science fair project from 5th grade. My classmate Paul, however, arrived to school and showed off his...tornado. Yes, his project was about tornadoes and he designed some sort of box contraption that somehow created a tornado within it. When he presented it to the rest of the class, we all gasped in jealous amazement. It's clear Paul had some help from his dad. When designing my moon project, my dad simply took me to Walgreens to purchase said red poster board and then wished me luck. While Paul's tornado scored vanity points within our classroom, I remain curious what my teacher thought of Paul's dad doing all the heavy lifting...