Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Rihanna "S.O.S."

With school shootings, gun violence and bullying being a daily topic in our daily news feed, it made me think back to my own experiences from the 1980s and '90s. As far as bullying goes, I kept a low-profile and didn't talk to a whole lot of people so I escaped any bullying -- plus I had an older brother who had no problem beating up anyone who upset me. I don't recall anyone ever bringing one to school or anything remotely close to what's happened since Columbine. The closest thing that's happened occurred in high school when someone phoned in a bomb threat which caused our massive school to evacuate. I was a freshman at the time and wondered if this would be an recurring thing -- thankfully, it never happened again and I consider myself very fortunate.