Thursday, August 22, 2019

Modern English "I Melt With You"

What the heck happened to The Dove? Since my last visit in March, the soft rock radio station that always sounds locked in a closet dated "1990" has clearly done a music test. Radio stations often "test" hooks of songs and then develop their playlist based on the results. While not an exact science, the methodology continues at most radio stations today.

Clearly The Dove's music test included some participants who were former Disco Queens as I heard more than my requisite fill of Donna Summer, KC & the Sunshine Band and Bee Gees during my stay in Bradenton Beach. Heck, The Dove even added some upbeat '80s tunes like "I Melt With You" from Modern English. All that aside, no part of me is upset that I missed "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" which seemed to play daily last March.