Friday, May 15, 2015

Dan Hill & Vonda Shepard - "Can't We Try?"

I walked into my 10 year high school reunion with one goal: I hoped at least one person would confess to having a crush on me during high school.  That never happened.  Instead, I spent the bulk of my evening conversing with the boyfriend of one of my classmates.  This particular guy was a quirky character.  He had a sense of humor that was a bit "out there", but he was harmless and a nice guy.  He unloaded to me about his relationship troubles and admitted that he and his girlfriend were at the point of "should we stay together or breakup" (for whatever reason he turned to me for words of wisdom).  It must have been the cheap vodka I was drinking that night, but I wound up having a long heart-to-heart with this guy.  I told him that the product of our throw-away society is that couples give up too easily on their relationships.  We give up when we should spend time repairing.  Years later this guy would invited me to their wedding and thanked me for saving his relationship.