Thursday, August 23, 2018

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes "(I've Had) The Time of My Life"

All teenage boys dream of their girlfriends doing a "dirty" dance for them. In my case, it wasn't at all what I expected. For weeks, my high school girlfriend, Missy, practiced a dance for her final high school choir concert. During said concert, all seniors had the opportunity to do something of their choosing. Missy told me she planned to do something from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack. Since I had never seen the movie, I assumed she'd sing and dance to one of the movie's songs. When the curtain went up, she and her dance partner (who happened to be her ex-boyfriend) re-enacted the famous dirty dancing scene from the 1987 movie. A few seconds into the performance, Missy's cousin whispered into my ear, "Are you gonna be alright?". I jealously watched as the two of them did a damn good job up there. There were twirls, jumps, short skirts, and lots of touching. At the end, I wasn't sure how to feel. I swallowed hard and congratulated Missy while silently wondering if there was anything going on with her dance partner/ex-boyfriend. A while later, he announced he was gay.